Vice President of Sales
National IT Consulting Firm
Type: retained executive search
Title: Vice President of Sales
Role: Midwest sales leadership
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Client: National IT Consulting firm
Collaboration: COO, SVP
Completed by: Deare MN Executive Search team
IT Consulting firm with offices, and Fortune 1000 clients, established nationwide. Services include: practice-driven solutions, technology-centric project engagements, and IT staff augmentation. Delivering via SOW, SLA, T&M and ad hoc support, this application development powerhouse has deep capabilities around the full software development lifecycle (PM, BA, software developers, QA/Testing), full Project Management Office support, expertise in Big Data, Cloud, Cyber-Security, and much more. Each of their areas of specialization include software/technology partnerships and collaborative SME.
Key Selection Criteria
– 10+ years of IT services sales experience as an individual contributor, specifically in an IT consulting model involving offerings ranging from scalable SOW-driven solutions to staff augmentation
– 5+ years of demonstrated success leading a larger regional, divisional or national sales team with significant national accounts
– Hands-on, “in the field” working method, manages with first-hand knowledge, is directly involved in client relationships, works as part of the team in landing big deals
– Collaborative leader, constituency builder, cultural catalyst, builder of teams and leader of collective vision
– Well-informed business, industry and company leader with contemporary leadership expertise and cutting-edge ideas
– Capable of establishing powerful internal communications and external marketing messages
– Strong writing skills in a suite of top-level professional communications skills will be highly valued
– Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA is desirable.
Unrivaled technology capabilities, expanded services, and a stockpile of project successes have brought exciting growth opportunities. To capitalize, a highly-skilled sales executive is urgently needed to manage National Account team business performance, lead the development of a national sales and service delivery strategy, establish and advance new business development initiatives, direct the sales support function, and deepen capabilities that create greater value for clients, initiate trusted-advisor status, and otherwise promote customer loyalty.
The role focuses on leadership of the national sales team, but is designed to impact every level of the company. The VP will collaborate closely with the CEO, COO and others involved in taking the organization to a client-centric, sales-cultured, IT Consulting industry leader.
Deare was contacted and asked to participate in a conference with a panel of company leaders. A key part of the discussion involved clarification that the Vice President of Sales would have to be more than an accomplished industry sales leader. The role required an innovative and transformational visionary capable of planning, organizing and executing multi-point, multi-departmental initiatives that would change the face of the sales organization.
At the meeting, Deare was retained in order to leverage their deep search experience in the IT Solutions, IT Consulting and Technology Services arena,
We knew from the outset that an ordinary sales leader with great numbers may not necessarily make the cut. Selection centered on the candidate’s passion for building a “next generation” sales organization. We needed someone who saw “sales” in every relevant action of the organization, and could manage around all action points. The leader we sought would programmatically guide the team into the future.
We found such a leader. The profound impact of the new VP of Sales is a story we cannot fit on this page, but is another testament to the original vision, strategy and plan of a CEO, COO and others to acquire a truly differentiated talent set in sales leadership.
Sales Leadership Talent
Contact Rick Deare