Divisional Vice President of Sales
Global IT Solutions Company
Office in Minneapolis, MN
Type: retained executive search
Title: Divisional Vice President of Sales
Role: Central U.S. sales leadership
Location: Minneapolis, MN office
Client: Global IT Solutions Company
Collaboration: CEO, SVP and hiring committee
Completed by: Deare MN executive search team
A U.S.-based global IT Solutions corporation with a broad offering, incliuding:
– On-site and outsourced custom software application development
– Large scale SOW-based solutions capability with Practice/SME, service engagement, project management, service delivery management, and additional business process and client success support
– Scalable, right-sized project capability, business analysis, IT assessment, technology selection, solutions architecture, project planning, resource allocation strategy, program management and more
Key Selection Criteria
– 7+ years of highly successful regional, divisional or national IT solutions sales leadership experience in a leading firm
– 15+ years of combined technology relevant direct software, solutions or IT services sales and management experience
– Collaborative, results-driven team builder capable of handling a geographically dispersed senior-level sales and support team
– Highly refined executive skills in business strategy, planning, execution, sales process, client relationships, communications…
– 4-year accredited college degree
– MBA strongly preferred
Our client had not been successful in recent attempts to hire the role. The core challenge presented to us was essentially to acquire the right, industry relevant, Midwest-based sales executive. The successful execution of an invested national growth initiative depended on the hire. The Divisional Vice President of sales would be entirely responsible for building and leading a high-caliber IT solutions sales team across the Central U.S. Minnesota would be the optimal base for the DVP.
The company COO contacted Deare and requested an executive conference to discuss the requirements for the strategic hire. During the discussion, the executive team opted to retain Deare immediately. Responsive to their urgency, and at their request, the search was launched immediately. Two executive search consultants were assigned. The search strategy involved making targeted, direct and personal contact with relevant executives in the Twin Cities, Dallas and Chicago (the three best locations for the home base).
In the 11 business days that followed the search launch, 4 prospective executive candidates were identified with briefings and conferences in progress. Over the span of 19 business days, 7 prospective candidates entered initial discussions/vetting. Of these, 2 prospects were determined to be strong, highly desirable potential candidates. A clear and unanimous “favorite” emerged and became the exclusive focus of the effort.
Our client aligned with us, provided a compelling opportunity prospectus, developed a strong relationship with the candidate, and conducted an outstanding interview process. Our candidate expressed his strongly favorable perceptions of the caliber of the executives he encountered and the brilliant opportunity at hand. Mutual interest developed into ideal alignment. Offer made. Accepted. Hired.
Sales Leadership Talent
Contact Rick Deare